The Egyptian armed forces continue bombing north Sinai peaceful civilians in search for Islamic militants groups.
Al-Araby Al-Jadeed reported on Friday that two children have been killed and three others injured in Egypt’s restive North Sinai, when a military shell hit their family home during Eid al-Fitr feast holiday marking the end of the holy Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.
The shell hit a house in the village of Jouz Ghanem outside the provincial capital al-Arish on Friday, killing a teenager and his younger sister.
A local source said, “A military tank fired an artillery shell and hit a home on Friday afternoon. The explosion killed two people and wounded three other members of a family that were celebrating Eid together.”
Doctors said that 6-year-old Fatma Mutlaq and her 16-year-old brother Reda were killed in the blast, adding that their 6-year-old sister was wounded by shrapnel.
They said the injured citizens had been taken to hospital in Rafah.
The Egyptian armed forces have been launching massive attacks against Sinai Province an affiliate group of the Islamic State group (ISIS). The militants have killed hundreds of police officers and soldiers in Sinai Peninsula.
However, the Egyptian armed forces didn’t contain Sinai Province despite the excessive campaign to uproot ISIS from the eastern peninsula bordering Israel and the Palestinian Gaza Strip.
Sinai Province continues targeting Egypt’s security forces in various attacks, mostly roadside bombings, and ambushes, as well as operations against security checkpoints.
Civilians have increasingly been targeted in the crossfire between security services and Islamic militants