Israeli Forces Kill Young Palestinian Man, injure Four in West Bank

Israeli forces shot and killed a young Palestinian man in the Shufat refugee camp in occupied East Jerusalem in the early hours of Monday morning following a raid in the camp, according to locals and Israeli police.

Local sources said that Israeli forces “showered” a Palestinian car with gunfire, killing Mustafa Nimir and injuring another young man whose identity and health condition remained unknown to witnesses.

Israeli authorities claimed the driver, who they did not identify as either Nimir or the other person who was injured, attempted to run over Israeli police and border guard officers before they fired at the car.

On the other hand, Three Palestinian youths were injured by gunfire at dawn Monday when Israeli Occupation Forces Israeli forces stormed Sabsta and Balata refugee camp.

More than ten Israeli military vehicles stormed Balata camp and broke into two local homes before turning one of them into a military checkpoint.
Violent clashes broke out between Israeli forces and the locals, during which a young man was hit by a shrapnel in his leg.
Meanwhile, Israeli forces stormed for the third time in the past 24 hours Sabsta town north of the city which led to the outbreak of violent clashes amid heavy fire of live ammunition.

At least two young men were injured during the clashes and taken to Rafidia hospital in Nablus. Furthermore, Israeli forces continued their military restrictions throughout the city after an alleged stone-throwing attack against settlers’ cars in the area.

Nimir’s death brought the death toll of Palestinians killed since October to 221, when a wave of violence swept across the occupied West Bank that has also left some 32 Israelis dead.

The violence against Israelis has mostly been characterized by small-scale attacks carried out by individual Palestinians, usually against uniformed Israeli soldiers and police.

According to Ma’an documentation, Nimir was the fourth resident of the Shufat refugee camp to have been killed by Israeli forces since October. Out of the four, two young men — including Nimir — were shot and killed while allegedly attempting to commit an attack, while the other two — Ahmad Salah and Wissam Faraj — were killed during clashes with Israeli forces.