A woman was killed and two people injured in Saudi Arabia Sunday by shelling from war-torn Yemen, reported Anadolu Agency citing the kingdom’s civil defense agency.
A shell struck a house in the southwestern Jizan region, killing a woman and injuring a man and his son, the agency said on Twitter.
It, however, did not identify the nationality of those killed or injured in the attack.
Sunday’s attack came one day after two Saudis were injured when a shell struck their house in the southern Najran province from Yemen.
Last week, three Saudi children were killed by shelling from Yemeni territories.
The Saudi-Yemeni borderline has been witnessing rising clashes between Saudi troops and Yemen’s Houthi rebels in recent months.
Yemen has been ravaged by civil war since late 2014, when Houthi rebels overran capital Sanaa and forced the government of President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi to flee to Riyadh.
The conflict escalated last year when Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies launched a massive military campaign aimed at reversing Houthi military gains and restoring Hadi’s government.
According to the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Since the Saudi-led coalition began its bombing campaign in Yemen in March 2015, there has been an average of 13 civilian casualties a day, and about 3,800 Yemeni civilians have been killed and more than 6,000 have been injured in the war.
in August, the U.N. high commissioner released a report on the situation of human rights in Yemen. It revealed that at least 2.8 million Yemenis, including more than 400,000 families, have been displaced by the ongoing conflict in their country.
Also on Sunday, 15 pro-government Yemeni soldiers were killed in rebel attacks in the north and in a suspected jihadist bombing in Aden, reported AFP Agency.
Shiite Houthi rebels and their allies also launched twin attacks to try to retake the port of Midi in the northern province of Hajja, after loyalists had captured it, military and security sources said.