Jamie McGoldrick said 17 people, including first responders and children, were injured in Saturday’s attack in Beit Saadan village of Arhab District.
“I remain deeply disturbed by the unrelenting attacks on civilians and on civilian infrastructure throughout Yemen by all parties to the conflict, which are further destroying Yemen’s social fabric and increasing humanitarian needs, particularly for medical attention at a time when the health sector is collapsing,” McGoldrick said in a statement Monday.
There was no comment from the Saudi-led coalition, which has been carrying out airstrikes against positions held by Yemen’s Shia Houthi group.
The UN official called on Yemen’s warring parties to recommit to an April 10 ceasefire.
“By doing so, they will help avoid further loss of life in Yemen and help position Yemen on a path towards peace,” he said.
Yemen has been ravaged by civil war since late 2014, when Houthi rebels overran the capital Sanaa and forced the government of President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi to flee to Riyadh.
The conflict escalated last year when Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies launched a massive military campaign aimed at reversing Houthi military gains and restoring Hadi’s government.
UN-brokered peace talks between the Yemeni government and Houthi rebels have failed to make any tangible breakthrough.
More than 3 million Yemenis have been displaced by the ongoing conflict in the Arab country, according to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees.