The Turkish General Staff said in a statement that three terrorists were “neutralized” in a security operation in the Semdinli district of southeastern Turkey’s Hakkari province Monday night.
Three targets were also destroyed in the operation, the statement said.
In a separate operation in the province’s Cukurca district, weapons were seized.
The two districts have seen broad anti-terror operations since the PKK – listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S., and the EU – resumed its 30-year armed campaign against the Turkish state in July last year.
Since then, PKK terrorist attacks martyred more than 600 security personnel and also claimed the lives of many civilians, including women and children, while more than 7,000 PKK terrorists were killed in army operations.