The Libyan Army forces under the command of the Government of National Accord (GNA) has conducted an all-out offensive on Khalifa Haftar’s forces in southern Tripoli frontlines and Souq Al-Khamis Imsahel, while carrying out airstrikes on different frontlines, including Sagiyah in Tarhouna.
A spokesman for the Libyan Army said their forces had advanced on Wadi Rabea, Ain Zara frontlines in southern Tripoli, Sabea and Souq Al-Khamis Imsahel as well, seizing Camp 47 and Cement Factory in the area as Haftar’s forces got pushed out.
Sources from Volcano of Rage operation of GNA said Tarhouna hospital received the bodies of 30 Haftar’s fighters and 100 injured fighters due to the fierce clashes on different frontlines on Saturday.
In the meantime, the spokesman Mohammed Gununu said GNA’s Air Force hit military vehicles and Grad launchers for Khalifa Haftar’s forces in Wadi Rabea.
The fighting in Tripoli started on April 04, when Haftar’s forces attacked southern Tripoli areas in an attempt to enter the capital and seize power from the UN-backed GNA.
Estimated number of deaths hit so far about 1200 and over 6000 injuries, while displaced people reached over 1200.000.
On Saturday, media outlets in Libya said Haftar’s forces lost 30 fighters in total, while 100 others were injured.
No details have been published yet about the number of casualties on GNA’s side.
In addition, Libyan High Council of State (HCS) has decried UAE’s provision of a media platform for the spokesman of Khalifa Haftar’s forces Ahmed Al-Mismari in Abu Dhabi.
The HCS denounced UAE’s hosting of a presser for the spokesman of outlaw military groups that are waging war on legitimacy in Libya and allowing him to incite more bloodshed among fellow Libyans.
“The press conference of Haftar’s spokesman in Abu Dhabi is additional evidence for the UAE’s involvement in fueling violence and war in Libya and its assistance to Haftar’s forces to carry out a coup against legitimacy,” HCS said in a statement.
It added that this conference proves as well the false claims of Abu Dhabi that it is with the UN-backed government in Libya and with the resumption of the political process.
“The UN support mission in Libya should document these violations and condemn them. While, the Government of National Accord should take necessary measures to respond to these violations by the UAE.” HCS further explained.
Haftar’s spokesman Ahmed Al-Mismari held a press conference in Abu Dhabi wearing a UAE military outfit and talked about holding positions in Tarhouna after heavy clashes against the Libyan Army under the Presidential Council’s command, reiterating Haftar’s rejection to any political dialogue and that they insist on entering Tripoli by force.